10/05/2009

11.05.08 - New spirit of patriotism

11.05.08 - Último post no blog da Melody!

"I will forever remember this day!

For the first time in my 24 yrs I can honestly say I am proud of our young country and proud to be American!!!! I cried uncontrollably watching Barack Obama speak and make his mark in history. I was so moved to think how far our people have come. To think women weren't granted the right to vote at a point in time until August 26, 1920 with the passage of the 19th amendment. It wasn't too long ago we weren't able to drink from the same drinking fountain.... Yes he is the first African American President but he has also gained the trust of so many and was the most capable candidate, its a beautiful thing that we the people recognize that regardless of race. He has already brought us together. We can make change, we can believe again, and the spirit of the American people is that much closer to restoration! I'm so very proud of my country, I'm so pleased I have witnessed such triumph in my lifetime.

There is nothing we can't do, anything is possible!

Yes we can!!!!"

Fonte: Melody Blog